Saturday, July 11, 2009

....and we've got our first black eye

   Let me just say that I would bet my life that this wasn't Micah's favorite day of his life today.  It started out at 3:00AM when I heard him wailing on the monitor.  Now, every now and then I hear him fussing about not being able to find his favorite green blanket, but this was different.  As I was traveling to the back of the house, all these images of what I might find kept flashing in my mind.  Is his leg stuck in the railing?  Did he somehow fall out of his crib?  When I got there, his closet light was on (he can reach it, so he likes to turn it on and off.......why he was doing this at 3 in the me), and had what I thought was drool dripping off his chin.  No, it was vomit.  Nice.  He is crying and says, "I need medicine!"  So cute and so sad!  I asked him what happened and he said "nothing" and he kept saying that nothing hurt.  I didn't know what in the world happened...........until I saw the side of his crib.  Vomit all down the side of it.......but on the bright side, it was chunk-less!  Score!  I cleaned him off, and since he was telling me he needed new pjs, I went ahead and changed those too.  So, I rocked him for a bit, wondering where he should sleep, when I heard round 2 about to blow.  I must've looked funny being 8 months pregnant, sleep hair (which resembles Mufasa's mane), running a vomiting child through our hallway.  Poor buddy.  Needless to say, he slept in our room last night.  I take that back.  He spent from 4:00-7:00 in our room throwing up and asking if it was morning time so he could play.  I am so happy to say how blessed I am to have a husband who, for some reason, loves to take care of the kids when they are sick.  It is seriously one of his favorite times to be with them.  Thank you Jesus!!!  He is not kidding.  He did the running the rest of the morning.  Thank you Les.  You're so sweet!  
   Once morning was here, he was a different child.  He was running around like any normal child who had slept all night long.  Crazy!  We stayed around here all day and needed to get out, so we went to our church to play on the playground in there.  After they got used to the steps and slides, they were having a ball.  I had given the 5 minute warning when I looked in at Micah just in time to see him lose his balance and fall forward, smacking his face right on the edge of the slide.  I've never seen a 6'2" grown man travel so fast up an indoor playground that is made for 4 yr. olds in all my life.  All Les heard was the BANG, Micah crying, and he turned into Gumby getting himself up all those twists and turns.  Y'all, his face was bruised in the 5 seconds it took Les to get to him.  I felt so terrible!!!  It's right under his left eye.  I am thanking the Lord that he didn't knock his teeth out, or really hurt his actual eyeball.  Thank you, Jesus, for the angels that you put around my children!!  I have to say, though.......he does look pretty tough.  Here's a picture of it.  It's not too bad, but it's torture to a mama looking at my sweet son's face with a big bruise on it.  

Look at that sweet face!

Why do our kids have to get hurt?  I just wish I could spare them from all pain, but then I guess they would be a bunch of pansies.  (Did anyone just say "a bunch of pansies" in the lemur voice from Madagascar??  Just me?  Ok.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh! Poor buddy! I am surprised it has taken him 2 years to get one!!! Eli had his first black eye at 11 months old from climbing in an infant travel swing, standing up in it trying to swing it while standing and before I could get my pregnant butt to him-WHACK! Landed on his face. I cried. Called John and guess what, he was doing it again 10 minutes later! Boys. They will certainly keep you on your toes, I am finding out! Now I worry about him falling down the mountains when we go on hikes! :) Can't wait to see you guys!!!! And give that sweet Micah boy hugs and kisses!!!!!!!!