Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fun at the Strech house


I love when Papa comes home from work!! Partly because I miss him during the day. Partly because I am desperate for help by the time he gets home, and partly because I love that he really is a 5 year old boy in a 30 year old, 6'2" frame. For instance, we were supposed to be getting the kids ready for bed, when I hear Micah counting and saying "ready not, here I come!". Hide and seek is an everyday game in our house. :) So, I gather that Micah is looking for Carter and Papa. This is what I found in Micah's room........



I about peed in my pants. AND, he was being so quiet! Like, maybe Micah won't find me if I'm super quiet.

Then, a couple of weeks ago when it was actually getting cooler (yeah, that was a tease), we were going on walks around the neighborhood. Well, one night after dinner, we said, "who wants to go on a walk?" Carter and Micah screamed "ME!!!" Then Carter said something about getting the wagon ready. About 10 minutes later when Les, Toby and I were ready, we walk out into the garage and this is what we see..........



They were ready to go! Carter had some sunscreen in her hand because she thought it was mosquito spray. :)

Yesterday was a very pleasant treat..........Carter went to the dentist for the first time. Her pediatrician has been telling me to take her and Micah since they were 18 mths, but seriously. Carter didn't even have teeth until she was 12 mths! So..........knowing Carter, I was preparing myself for the worst. She is very dramatic and very cautious. Put those two together and I just knew that dentist was going to check us all into a mental hospital. We go in and there was a big open floor with a tv.......the front desk lady goes, "do your kids like the Cars movie?" I instantly loved this place. Then, the dentist-helper lady came to get Carter, told her to brush her "princess teeth" (I just think that the Lord put these words in this lady's mouth to make Carter feel comfortable), and let us all come back to the room. By room, I mean the area as big as a small house that was filled with heavenly toys, chairs, and smiley, singing ladies who clean teeth. I got ripped off when I was a kid at the dentist office!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not bitter..............
Back to Carter....SO, everything that the lady was going to do to her, she let Carter do it to a stuffed animal first. I swear they spied on Carter and studied her since the time I made her appt. Bottom line - Carter had a GREAT time at the dentist!! She even said that was her favorite thing about yesterday! Thank You, Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, what's the chance that they think I'm 18 every year and can go see her? Seriously, the worst thing that happened there was that Toby had his very first blow out while I was nursing him, and 99% of the yellow breastmilk baby poop went all over...........ME!!! What?! He got one little spot on him. The rest of it, yeah, right on my lap. Which means that when I washed it off of me, it looked like I peed in my pants. Thank you Mr. Toby. Who cares? I'll take that over getting kicked out of Katy for a crazy child in a dentist chair.

we have this same picture of Carter and Micah!!


he's talking........



he's loving this outfit that my aunt Julie got him!!


3 comments:

  1. That was his first blowout? You're lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cars at the dentist's office??? You HAVE to let me know where you guys go! Already dreading the 1st dentist appt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blog, em! i just noticed your name on tiffany's blog. yay! i loved reading about your kids and seeing your pictures. makes me feel like i totally know your kids better! we did the dentist a while back with avery & it was similar to carter's experience... she WANTS to go back!

    ReplyDelete